Friday, August 29, 2014

Dermaflage Review *Sponsored*

Hi Lovelies!

This review is for the Dermaflage Topical Perfecting Filler, which is designed to fill in problem areas such as recessed scars and wrinkles. I was sent their kit to try out, and having some problem areas of my own, was more than willing to give it a shot. The kit includes 14 fl ounces of a liquid primer, two applicators, various application tools, and a texture pad. All of this comes in a small, plastic makeup bag with some extra tips for the applicators and detailed instructions.

I read through the instructions carefully, and even then it took me a bit to figure out how to apply the product correctly. In my first couple of trials, the filler came off with the texture pad, but I finally learned the trick and managed to get it to stay on with no lifting at the edges or any peeling.

The tone I selected matched my complexion nicely, and blended fairly smoothly. Looking in the mirror, I could not tell that it was there, and it did fill the areas I applied it to nicely. However, it felt heavy on my skin, and I could definitely tell that something was there. I expected this, as it is not really a makeup or a concealer, but a silicon based filler.

I kept it on while I went to work, thinking to see if it would hold up to a 10 hour day, in real world conditions. Almost immediately, the edges started cracking and lifting, causing my fellow employees to question what was wrong with my face. They asked if I was peeling from a sunburn, and when I went to the bathroom to look, that was exactly what it looked like.

Over all, I would say the Dermaflage Topical Perfecting filler is not a bad product, but not one that should be worn in everyday life. It would be perfect for a photo-shoot, or maybe through a first date, but long term application did not work for me. They offer many different shades, to match most skin tones and supply enough for 60 – 200 applications, depending on the area one wishes to cover. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow, and everything is clearly labeled as to the order of use. As I found, and they also admit, it may take a bit of practice to get the silicon to stick just right.

I would recommend the Dermaflage filler to anyone wishing to cover a trouble area for a short time, but for me, it did not stay in place as long as I might wish it to.
 
Price: $50.00
 

No comments:

Post a Comment